Why meditation training for work?
Would you like to learn how to feel calmer, achieve a quieter mind but feel more focused at home and at work? You don’t actually need to change much about your life but simply learn to meditate and be more mindful. Research shows that meditation has a range of benefits for our mental and physical health, including reducing stress, anxiety and worry, and increasing happiness, optimism and compassion. The physiological benefits include reduced heart rate and blood pressure, and stronger immune systems. It also helps us to be more focused and creative at work.
I can be stressed, or tired, and I can go into a meditation and it all just flows off of me. I’ll come out of it refreshed and centred and that’s how I’ll feel and it’ll carry through the day.
There is a growing body of research supporting what has been known for centuries. Meditation has a range of benefits for our mental and physical health, and our ability to work effectively. It has been proven to:
- Reduce stress, anxiety and worry
- Increase happiness and compassion
- Reduce blood pressure, improve digestion and strengthen immune systems
- Improve mental clarity and concentration, and boost the working memory and creative thinking in the workplace
- Bring greater awareness to the task at hand, assisting us to be more focused, productive and safe work.
Happy Ground offers tailored meditation training at your workplace, which range from single short sessions to longer programs over a number of sessions.
While program length can vary, learning outcomes are typically as follows:
- What is meant by meditation
- The importance of meditation to your health, safety and work
- Experience with a range of meditation approaches, such as breathing exercises, body scans, and heart meditation
- Tools for developing a regular meditation practice
- Strategies to build meditation into daily life
Meditation training can be tailored to your workplace and involve a single taster session or a series of sessions. However, in our experience the most effective programs involve a series of sessions, with ‘homework’ exercises and teaching about how to develop a regular meditation practice.
Locations across Australia
We offer face-to-face training and training via webinar and Skype, for both executives and staff.
To find out more or book this training, please contact us.